Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hello N107B!



I had been thinking of making my first blog for quite sometime and now, I decided to make one. I am not honestly not much good in writing but anyway,  I am still giving it a try in here. In the first place, I would like to write to express and not to impress. Finally, my fingers allowed me to have my first online journal. I thank the people who inspired me to blog. You guys are exceptional!  Anyway, Please bear with a newbie like me. **Insert pacute face here** 

Officially now as I am making this post, the semester has ended for me. *Sigh! Case studies, documentations, practical exams -- name more! As usual, nursing students are a week or two late in their semestral breaks or worse, no breaks at all. Yes it happens. The university's sembreak started even last week. Only nursing students and faculty are seen roaming around the campus during breaks. So much for that, I am thankful it is finally over. At least I still have a week or two before enrollment. Thank you Lord! =)


There are a lot of things to be thankful with this semester, a lot of memories to reminisce despite how it left the batch exhausted.

  • CREAM OF THE CROP ;))

Being one of the pioneering batch of the BSN curriculum, it is both flattering and "nakakaumay" to be labeled as "CREAM OF THE CROP." It is always a pressure being one of the people who would set the standard and they say would 'uplift' once again Liceo's shameful passing rates in the NLE for quite sometime. Why do people don't realize not everyone can meet what they all expect from us? RESPONSIBLE, SMART, STUDIOUS? pffft! Honestly, sometimes it sucks. There are those people who will excel and give more glory to the batch. Sometimes, there will be those people who will fail what people expect from us and sadly, I may be one of them. It makes me think I'd rather call myself CREAM OF THE CRAP. I kid! I kid! :) I cannot live to what they expect of us but there are some times I just have to. I just don't like being forced to do things. But sometimes, I DON'T HAVE THE CHOICE. Sometimes, it is also quite annoying to be the 'experimental people' when the school is adopting this new curriculum. Things usually are worse for us and then better for  the next batches ;( But anyway, the best thing to do I think is live to it by heart. Things will come flawlessly good when things are done through humble work and suffering. I am just wishing the best for my batch. Just a semester to go and we're good! =) 

  • TUESG**S WITH R***Y
One of the highlights of this semester were our lectures with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (parang Harry Potter lang ang peg. Hahaha). I must commend Ken for this rhyming thing though with Mitch Albom's book Tuesdays with Morrie. Okay. You may now fill-in the blanks. Haha

I was with Sir R***y during my N103 and N104 RLE Days. He was my clinical instructor in my Operating Room exposure and in the ward in CESH. Never have I thought of having him as my lecturer because I never heard that he's got lecture loads. Unexpectedly, he was our Leadership and Management lecturer, which was scheduled on Tuesdays 3:30-7:30 PM (sooo draining). I never thought Tuesdays can mean being the worst day of the week. Being under him though made our group in Facebook named "N106 ka kung..." became a good venue to discuss his teaching flaws and trademark lines within the class. That's quite rude to know for some people but anyway at least we can have somewhere to laugh things with.The best example of the trademark line was: "When I was in Saudi." Not a single meeting passed that he didn't mentioned the place SAUDI. He untiringly related topics to his experiences in Saudi which made some of us name him as Sir Saudi. (Yeah.Okay.I know it's mean). I honestly would have appreciated the experiences he shared if they were relevant but most often, they weren't. Imagine a lecture without any visual aid and your teacher just dictating the things you are ought to write in your notebook. Don't you think it's so grade one? Imagine four hours. FOUR LONG HOURS. There are lessons that could have been discussed with that span of time but most of it were consumed with his unnecessary ad lib's. Think of someone who keeps criticizing his students' grammar without thinking he has flaws too. Consider it when he seemingly mocks you when you get wrong with your English grammar and then he wrote in your test paper as one of the instructions WRITE MINUS WRONG instead of RIGHT MINUS WRONG. ASDFGHJKL. Fine. He doesn't even accept his flaws. Sometimes what you can do is sigh when you have teachers who don't even have expertise on their topic. Duh.. His quizzes were not a test of the students' competency.  NO TEACHER had moved me to initiate writing a letter of complaint addressed to the level coordinator. Oh well, the NERVE of me. For some reasons, I am glad I did not pursue the letter ;) God has really good reasons for everything. At the end of the bend, he is still in authority with whom I must submit no matter what the circumstances are. We all passed his subject and that's quite a consolation:)) Erase the consolation. That was a blessing! It's just more than enough reason to be thankful. I just really need an outlet of my concerns which I cannot say straight unto his face. (I am sorry for being such a REKLAMADOR)


This is one semester where I think no one failed which seldom happens in any section in nursing. That's quite a reason to be proud. I also finished my research this semester. Whatever despair I may had during the making of the whole paper, I am not painstakingly thinking about it anymore. Sometimes that's what you call "Charged to Experience". HAHA ;> The bottom line is, we're done.


Research team with Dean, Mrs. Paclijan and our adviser, Dr. Donna Lou Neri.





















It's been quite a roller coaster semester. Now, I can quite give myself a sigh. All the experiences truly are worth it no matter how good or bad it may be. At the end, those experiences made me up to who I am now. All the praises and glory I give it back to You Almighty Father!


No comments:

Post a Comment