Saturday, July 7, 2012

HAPPY 32nd BIRTHDAY PAU GASOL!

He looks better with a short hair, right? 
 

JULY 6, 2012- My favorite NBA player and Laker PAU GASOL turned 32! I just find a way to remember his birthday every year since 2009 and I just do random things in relation to his birthday like that of the last picture. This man just amazed me ever since he got his first championship with the Lakers last 2009. Aside from being an amazing player and that heartthrob appeal (doesn't it show? hihi), he is also a good person by example. This year he won J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award for his charitable causes for the children and has been a UNICEF ambassador for seven years now. See? I may admire plenty more NBA players but this person topped them all. Sometimes it just takes more than the above-mentioned reasons. I just do. No whys. No buts. 

I just couldn't help but get pissed last Thursday anyway. He had a live video chat with his fans which I've been waiting for sometime since he announced it coming. It just so timely it was brownout town-wide when it finally took off! Uggghhh! And yes, I couldn't help but get jealous and irritated with power shortage here in Mindanao. These are the moments when I can't tame myself from getting mad. It happens. Never mind. Erase this paragraph.

About two days before  his birthday, Steve Nash signed in with Lakers. That was a big OH-MY-GOSH news for the Lakers fans out there. Steve Nash, one of the league's best finally signed up with Lakers and I just couldn't wait for this season to begin. Pau said it is a huge honor to play with Steve. He makes everyone around him better. AGREE! Well though, I will miss the Lakers-Suns match-ups. They're the matches i always look forward to but it won't be the samw without Nah around. Welcome to the Lakers Steve Nash!

Uhm, okay. Wishes for Pau? As a Lakers fan, I wish he still stay with the best league in the NBA. I think with the Lakers is where he is at his best. Now, that's very subjective. Another is that he will finally get married. Of course, not with me. (I kid, I kid!) Come on, he's 32. I think he should finally consider. Well, that's for me. Hehe :* I also hope he continues to reach out to children and perform his medical causes.  If you may ask, I personally would like to have those kind of causes too. Children, especially those who have  chronic illnesses, group of people my heart is close with. Okay. Enough for this self-disclosure. Another one, and the greatest one is that he will finally come to visit Philippines. I will surely rush to see him in Manila if that happens. I could let Kobe 's coming to Manila pass but not Pau's. Certainly NOT Pau Gasol. 

Before I end this, let me share to you this one post that squeezed my heart. He really appreciates his Filipino fans. I was really going 'gaga' with this because I was touched beyond description when I saw this picture in his Facebook fan page. 



Oh see? I'm such a fan girl and I couldn't care less if you say it's "ewwww". Haha. More powers Pau! Once again, Happy birthday! You are wonderful, Always have. Always will.



Much love from the Philippines,
Alchang

No comments:

Post a Comment