Sunday, April 15, 2012

A NEW CHAPTER UNFOLDS

I had actually been planning weeks ago for this blog but it is just this time when the plan pursued. Well, I had time constraints, loss of focus, some preoccupations and had no internet connection for weeks now. Reasons. Reasons. Blah. Blah. Blah. Hahaha Boooo!

March 29, 2012- THE DAY! We had been waiting for that day. I had been suppressing the excitement for the fear of not being able to savor my final days in college. As so they say, graduation is not the end but a beginning. A lot of things are about to happen after graduation. You still have the fear of passing the board exams and finding a job. It makes me preoccupied to think about these things. But honestly, I maybe a bit anxious but I am not afraid of what lies ahead. As Luke 1:37 would say, "For nothing is impossible with God". I just surrender to Him the future. He had been with me since then and for sure, that is how He will be even after the last leaf of every tree falls or even after planets collide. 

Isn't it so right to be thankful? God has indeed sustained me all through the FOUR long years of struggle. I am sure you would believe if I say IT WASN'T EASY. I endured the hassles of hospital duties, return demonstrations, practical exams, Problem-Oriented Nursing Records, case studies and presentations, ward classes and all things that left me sleepless in some of those days. We all did. I thank God for the honor of belonging to the first batch of the new BSN curriculum. We started in first year college with 11 sections and among that 11 sections, only 43 students were left. I wouldn't take all the credits. I thank all the people behind this victory- my parents, my friends, my cousins and uncle whom I've been living with for the past four years, my mentors and many more! They are like one of this world's best people. That was indeed GRACE! Now, it is truly a great reason to sigh and have that big smile on my face. We made it!

Hello tomorrow!

I also would like to share some lines of our pinning song. Here it is:

"It only takes a spark
to get a fire going 
and soon all those around
can warm up in glowing

That's how it is with God's love
once you've experienced it
You spread His love to everyone
You want to pass it on"


**insert teary-eyes here** I was honestly moved with the song's lyrics. I agree with what the song wants to say. With how God has been good to me, I don't have the right to deprive goodness to the people around me. I certainly should pass it on. To God be the glory!
This one's my cousin's personalized gift.
It was really a commendable effort!
Special thanks to my cousin, Kristle who went home from Marawi for my pinning ceremony which was a day after my graduation in lieu of my father.





No comments:

Post a Comment